19.10.2013

- - -


I don't really take care of my hair. I just don't like that, but since I live in Iceland, I kinda 
have to. Which sucks, but the story behind the warm water is really cool. The geothermal 
water is used to heat around 90% of Iceland's homes. And makes your hair strange, when 
you wash it. So I guess, nearly everyone is using hair conditioner. I was not used to that, 
but if you don't use it you will have a hard time brushing you hair. And I just hate brushing 
my hair anyway... but back to the cool part: "Iceland is the only country in the world that can 
claim to obtain 100% of its electricity and heat from renewable sources. Hot water from the 
springs is cooled and pumped from boreholes that vary between 200 and 2,000m straight 
into the taps of nearby homes, negating the need for hot water heating. It's also purified 
and cooled to provide cold drinking water." The Guardian Check the whole article about
the renewable energy in Iceland here.





Keine Kommentare: